This year’s Data Science Bowl could change the field of medicine, unlocking cures to everything from cancer to the common cold. Whether you’re a competitor, just learning, or a fan, this is a competition to watch! Help us spread the word.
Post how you are connected to this year’s Data Science Bowl challenge on Twitter or Instagram during our first of three mini-challenges February 15 – 28, 2018 using #data4good and #datascibowl on Instagram and/or Twitter and you could win a cool Kaggle t-shirt and Data Science Bowl sticker.
Rules and Guidelines
The Data Science Bowl Social Media contest is open to all individuals over the age of 18 at the time of entry and to all validly formed legal entities that have not declared or been declared in bankruptcy. The contest will contain three phases, each with a separate mini-challenge and instructions on how to participate. The instructions on how to participate in the first mini-challenge/phase are listed below.
OVERALL CONTEST OVERVIEW:
Mini-Challenge # 1: February 15 – 28, 3:00 p.m. ET; Prize: Kaggle T-shirt, Data Science Bowl sticker
Mini-Challenge #2: March 1 – 16, 3:00 p.m. ET; Prize: Kaggle T-shirt, Data Science Bowl sticker
Mini-Challenge #3: March 19 – 30, 3:00 p.m. ET; Prize: Kaggle T-shirt, Data Science Bowl sticker
- Each mini-challenge will have one winner. The winner of each mini-challenge will be selected via a random drawing on the last day of each mini-challenge: February 28 (#1), March 16 (#2), March 30 (#3), 2018. Entries will be closed at 3pm ET on the last day of each mini-challenge/phase of the contest.
- In order to be eligible for the random drawing, you must use the designated hashtags for each of the respective mini-challenge in which you are participating (e.g., #DataSciBowl & #Data4Good)
- To be eligible, entries must use appropriate content – no foul language or trolling, and use only releasable, allowable, and appropriate imagery.
- We will announce the winner for each phase in a Tweet from @kaggle, and then contact each winner offline for prize award details.
- We encourage you to participate in each of the 3 phases throughout the contest – since the winner selection for each is a random drawing, an individual has the potential to win more than one contest!
Members of the following organizations are invited to participate in the competition, however, they will not be eligible to win a cash prize: Booz Allen Hamilton, Kaggle, NVIDIA, PerkinElmer, and the Carpenter Lab at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT. Additionally, anyone who has previously accessed any of the data sources outside the purview of this competition will not be eligible to win a cash prize. Officers, directors, employees and advisory board members (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of the Competition Sponsor, Kaggle and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors (with the express exception of Kaggle’s authorized Kaggle Community Evangelists), agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible for prizes. Residents of a country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (see <http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx> for additional information) are not eligible to receive prizes.